[scribus] Opening MS Publisher files

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 21 04:51:56 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 July 2010 22:22:13 Andrew wrote:
> NO version of Office:Mac comes with Publisher.
>
> HTH,
> Andrew
>
> On 21/07/2010, at 6:57 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > On 7/21/10, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> >> Um, expensive solution purchasing MS Office for Mac
just so I would
> >> have
> >> Publisher With OpenOffice.org and Apple's iWork begs
the question
> >> why would
> >> I want yet another office suite. And, of course, it does
not solve
> >> the
> >> Linux/*BSD issue.
> >
> > May I please still have your reply about version of MS
Publisher? I do
> > insist on having that reply despite of using the word
"please" :-)

> > Alexandre Prokoudine
> > http://libregraphicsworld.org

Assuming that MSPublisher files are compatible across
systems, perhaps someone on list who owns MSPublisher
could volunteer to take his files and save them as text or
even as Postscript.  From that point the files would be in text
or easily convertible to text. The formatting would be lost of
course but I know of no product that will save that.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press