[scribus] Missing Ghostwriter

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 21 04:26:06 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 July 2010 09:45:13 Michael Langer wrote:
> Submitted on 07/20/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Michael Langer
>    Email Address: mlanger89 at gmail.com
>    Subject: Missing Ghostwriter
>    Message:
> Version 1.3.6 on MAX OSX Snow Leopard.  "Missing the
following programs:
> Ghostwriter. you will not be able to use Print Preview or
EPS Files."
> Please advise.  Thank you.
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.6
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: MacOS X
>      Version: Snow Leopard
>      CPU type: Other/Don't know
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/475

This is a FAQ (frequently asked question.) For Scribus to use
Ghostscript  the latter product needs to be present when
Scribus is installed. It is possible to run Scribus without these
two functions, but it makes sense to me to install Ghostscript
and be done with it.

Slackware Linux, which I use, comes with a large bundle of
preinstalled programs and suites useful to the Scribus user
including Ghostscript, TeX, Gimp etc. MSWindows of course
does not come with any Open Source programs preinstalled.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press