[scribus] Image background transparency

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 20 05:10:54 CEST 2010

http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20100720/edaa1db3
> >/
> >
> > >attachment.htm>

> > The default background layer is white but additional
layers
> > are transparent. So one approach using the layers
window
> > would be to add a layer, highlight it in the layer dialog,
and
> > put your image on that using an image frame.
> >
> > The layers window is listed in the drop down list
marked
> > "Windows". Alternatively you can hit F6.
> >
> > Using the layers window you can either delete the
> > background layer altogether or  simply disable it from
> > viewing and printing.
> >
> > Playing around with the layer window will reveal many
> > capabilities. You can also look it up in the Scribus
Manual or

<http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20100720/ed4b5b88/
>attachment.htm>

I assumed perhaps wrongly that the problem was the white
background in Scribus. If the graphic itself already has a
white background then Gimp is needed first as suggested by
others. The rest of my advice would still be valid.