[scribus] Image background transparency

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 20 04:21:32 CEST 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010 22:01:41 Kent Garland wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am new to Scribus and wish to insert an image onto a
page, but make the
> image background transparent. The background is
uniform and white.
> Is there a tool in Scribus to do this or must the image be
edited in
> another program before inserting onto the page??
> Cheers,
> Kent
The default background layer is white but additional layers
are transparent. So one approach using the layers window
would be to add a layer, highlight it in the layer dialog, and
put your image on that using an image frame.

The layers window is listed in the drop down list marked
"Windows". Alternatively you can hit F6.

Using the layers window you can either delete the
background layer altogether or  simply disable it from
viewing and printing.

Playing around with the layer window will reveal many
capabilities. You can also look it up in the Scribus Manual or
the wiki.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press