[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28

Tom Tom at tuxedo-press.com
Mon Jul 19 18:03:46 CEST 2010

-----Original Message-----

> you probably should not use 1.5svn for production.
>
> 1.5.0 has not been released and there are no packages for
1.5svn, yet.
> you have to compile it yourself.
>

> 1.3.7 is an unstable version wich is getting stabilized on
the road to
> 1.4. you may use it for production at your own risk.
>
> 1.5svn is the development branch and is where the new
features are first
> introduced. they still may need much testing, though! in
most cases you
> should not use it for any productive work.
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

I understand but in my case I choose another method.
If I can't create  PDF X/1-a I can't do production work. The
lack is a deal-breaker. Thus far 1.5.0 has been a usable
product for me.  In fact instead of updating it nightly I may
go to a weekly update, and save the current working version
so that if by chance the newest version is not usable I will
have a fall-back.

I compiled my first program late in life, in 1968. So
compilation does not terrify me. I use a script....
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

I have done my share of compiles and link edits in my day but none recently.
Hell, I can't even find the location of 1.5svn. I can't ask John how to do
it because he works in a Unix environment. Can someone direct me to 1.5svn
and instructions for compiling it in Windows?

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey