[scribus] manual

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jul 18 01:40:32 CEST 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 13:15:17 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:

> ... As I look at other FOSS projects out there,
>I don't see that they are making the effort to offer a comprehensive
>manual of usage, then making this available for free download. Mostly,
>I don't even see them so interested in just the first step of this
>process.

My hat is off to the Scribus team for having created a manual. Few open
source projects have a manual. Most don't even have PDFs. At least half
don't even have a help file.

I know a number of open source programmers locally. I tell them "when
the code is complete and there are no more bugs, your job is half
done." Usually they stare at me with no comprehension. Some would
create documentation, but hate to write, or can't write at all. To most
it never occurs that documentation is important.