[scribus] Opening MS Publisher files

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jul 17 17:09:57 CEST 2010

hi tina,

> I downloaded Scribus so I could access existing MS Publisher docs.
> The response I get is
>
> File C :/ is not an acceptable format
>
> Can any one explain this for me or have I misunderstood Scribus & it
> can't be used to access MS Publisher files?

where did you get the impression from?

scribus is somehow similar to MS Publisher but

- MS Publisher can't open Scribus files (and you can blame Microsoft for it for not implementing an open file format or the Scribus team for avoiding to specify and stabilize their file format)

- Scribus can't open MS Publisher files (and you can blame Microsoft for not publishing the specifications for their file format! the Scribus team would be more than happy to implement the import functions!)

still there are some ways to get the content from your MS Publisher files into Scribus.

please read

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:FAQ#Microsoft_Publisher

for more details.

ciao