[scribus] Word Count of selected text

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jul 10 14:44:27 CEST 2010

On Saturday 10 July 2010 02:58:54 Harsha wrote:
> Submitted on 07/10/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Harsha
>    Email Address: sriharsha9 at gmail.com
>    Subject: Word Count of selected text
>    Message:
> Dear Scribus,
>
> I wished to know whether there was a way to know the
word count of selected
> text.
>
> The "Edit Story" section shows the world count of the text
automatically of
> the whole story. Or of the current paragraphs.
>
> But what if if wish to know the word count of a selected
text of the story?

> Thank you.
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.7svn
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: WinXP
>      CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/465

In Linux I would simply use wc. But in Windows if you have
the text in the form of either a text file or a doc file you can
import it into Open Office Writer, highlight the particular
passage, and then activate the word count function.

All Open Source programs are free of cost. It pays to have
some of the better known ones, Open Office, Gimp
Ghostscript suite etc. on your system even if you use them
only occasionally.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press