No subject

Sat Jul 10 00:05:04 CEST 2010

# dpkg -L scribus-cvs | grep mime
/usr/share/mime
/usr/share/mime/packages
/usr/share/mime/packages/scribus-cvs.xml
# dpkg -L scribus | grep mime
/usr/share/mime
/usr/share/mime/packages
/usr/share/mime/packages/scribus.xml

The files in my packages are installed correctly. There has to be another
reason for the wrong behavior. I am running a Debian Sid/Gnome combination and
I can't open .sla files in Nautilus. Nautilus pops up a warning message that
says that this file is of type "Scribus File" (so, it's reading the
scribus*.xml files in the/mime/packages dir), but 'The contents of the file
indicate that the file is of type "Plain text document"' blah, blah, blah. So,
it looks like Gnome mime/type handling is broken in this case in some way. Any
ideas?

Regards,

Alex.