[scribus] How do I wrap text around photos?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 03:54:15 CEST 2010

On 07/08/2010 09:36 PM, David Greene wrote:
> As a brand new user, I want to "wrap" text around photos.  I can do it
> in MS Publisher, but haven't learned how to do in Scribus.
> A search in Scribus Help found nothing.

It's always good to know what version you're using, David.

Some preliminaries:

1. the image frame needs to be on top of the text frame where you want
wrapping to occur, either on a higher level or higher layer.

2. the text flow, as it's called, is a feature of the image frame.

In 1.3.5, select the image frame then in the Shape tab of Properties
choose the mode of Text Flow Around Frame -- perhaps either Use Frame
Shape or Use Contour Line.

Use Contour Line allows you to create some additional space around your
image frame. Again, in Shape tab, click Edit then edit the Contour Line
rather then the frame.

Greg