[scribus] Ghostscript 8.60+ or newer version of gswin32c.exe for installing Scribus 1.3.7 freeware

M.A.R.Reddy help at scribus.info
Thu Jul 8 16:07:36 CEST 2010

Submitted on 07/08/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: M.A.R.Reddy
   Email Address: reddymar at gmail.com
   Subject: Ghostscript 8.60+ or newer version of gswin32c.exe for installing
Scribus 1.3.7 freeware
   Message:
  Namaste!

  I have downloaded Scribus 1.3.7. I have installed this software. I have
tried to take a trial. Before I could do it, a window pops up and states,
"Ghostscript is not installed on your computer. Therefore, path to the
software could not be found".  Where do I get the appropriate ghostscriipt
for WinXP.
  The Scribus Read Me states,  Before Installing Scribus:  Install Ghostscript
for Windows - Ghostscript 8.60+ or newer is  recommended. This is important
for EPS, PS import and printing. Note: After installing there are two .exe
files installed by the installer. The correct .exe name to use in Scribus'
preferences for Ghostscript is gswin32c.exe, not gswin32.exe. In the large
majority of cases if
  Ghostscript is properly installed before installing Scribus, Scribus will
automatically detect the location for Ghostscript for you.
  Thank you
  M.A.R.Reddy

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.7svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: WinXP
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/463