[scribus] Freeing up frames on 1.5.0

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 7 23:02:24 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 07 July 2010 15:09:02 a.l.e wrote:
> hi john

> which frame is it?
>
> i can click and modify most frames.
>
> if they are locked, you have to unlock in the properties
palette, in the
> X,Y,Z tag.
>

> i will update right now my scribus and see if there is an
issue in the
> newest version of 1.5...

Thanks for your help.

I can't get to the properties palette!  I can't get a red border
on any frame. The text block in question is the one at the
top of the right, saying "Uncorrected Proof".  An
afterthought, It made it through 360 Digital and Lulu without
complaint but CreateSpace felt that the text was too close
to the bleed.

I found that newer and older versions of the same sla file
don't have this difficulty, just new3.sla. So it is something
peculiar to that particular file. Therefore I can work around
it.

Despite all warnings to the contrary, I have been using the
bleeding edge 1.5.0 version on nightly download to take
advantage of all the latest features. Finally my
adventuresome flight on the bleeding edge has punished
me.

John Culleton
Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"