[scribus] auto import mass text

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jul 5 17:25:14 CEST 2010

On Monday 05 July 2010 10:51:33 a.l.e wrote:
> hi john,

> > Software and then

text..

> > then we adjust it..

automatically

> > re-import it?
> >
> >> i'm not sure it's a good idea to work that way...
> >>
> >> well, it will work if you are not formatting your text
more

> > than using a
> >
> >> couple of paragraph styles. and even then...
> >>

> >> i think that scribus needs to be enable a lecturing
> >
> > workflow, but it's
> >
> >> not there yet... for now, i fear that you'd better do the
> >
> > corrections in
> >
> >> scribus itself.
> >>

> >> or do all the editing before importing the text into
scribus.

> >> ciao
> >> a.l.e
> >
> > On recent versions of Scribus you can use the LaTeX
exit.

> can you elaborate on this?
>
> latex for a graphic novel?
>
> ehmmm...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

You can do anything in TeX and almost anything in the LaTeX
variant.  The amount of labor required is another matter. For
a graphic novel and TeX I would use either plain TeX or
Context and not LaTeX.  But chances are I would just use
Scribus or maybe Inkscape.

As I understand it a graphic novel is a glorified comic book.
In a comic the text is usually hand lettered by the creator.
If there are larger amounts of text then the facilities of
Scribus should be sufficient by themselves.

Can you post a sample page somewhere?
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press