[scribus] how does scribus do justification?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 19:37:14 CET 2010

On 01/28/2010 12:36 PM, John Culleton wrote:

> Scribus, MSWord etc. only try to set one line at a time without regard to what
> goes on in previous or following lines in the paragraph.

I'd like to know what your evidence is for this conjecture.
As I take a frame, highlight part of a line, then adjust its font size,
width of glyphs, kerning, it doesn't take much adjustment before the
line is giving away to or stealing from the following line.

My guess is that you may be referring to built-in automated adjustments,
such as has been implemented with word tracking in Scribus 1.3.5+.
Certainly this feature has room for improvement, but even now, it's
working on a paragraph level.

Greg