[scribus] Red Boxes Appearing in Print Preview

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jan 20 20:55:32 CET 2010

hi midori,

welcome to the scribus community!
> Hello! I'm new to using Scribus as well, and am enjoying it very much. I've found the Get Started With Scribus wiki to be very helpful, but I couldn't find the answer to an error I'm getting...
> Things look normal in edit mode, but when I printed some pages to see how things were looking, I noticed these little red boxes appearing at the beginnings of certain lines. When I checked it in print preview, I could see the little boxes, but since I don't see anything unusual in the layout or in edit text, I don't know how to go about getting rid of them. I'm running 1.3.6svn and have put up some screenshots:
> http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/deslatte_pics/scribus/scribus_box.jpghttp://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/deslatte_pics/scribus/scribus_box2.jpghttp://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/deslatte_pics/scribus/scribus_box3.jpg
> It does it on left and right-hand pages, over text and over blank space, once or twice on a page, on five out of fifteen pages so far, and the preflight verifier doesn't see any problems, but the boxes are always on the left-hand side.

can you try to produce a pdf and see if it is ok there.

for the time being, the reference for scribus is the pdf produced, not
the direct print from scribus (the latter depends on your printer and
the driver installed...)

if the boxes appear also in the pdf, you should check if they are not
really there! maybe on another layer?

if nothing else helps, don't hesitate to upload your file to the bug
tracker (http://bugs.scribus.net), where it will be reviewed by our experts!

have a nice evening
a.l.e