[scribus] Scribus 1.5.0 version.

Jan Schrewe jschrewe at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 00:10:50 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 19:23:22 schrieb John Culleton:
> The latest version of 1.5.0 seems frozen at the January 9 update. Or so the
> help screen says. Is that in fact the latest or am I downloading the wrong
> file?
>
> Here is my script, run as root.
> mkdir ~/src/
> mkdir ~/src/scribus_svn
> rm -r ~/src/scribus_svn/*
> sudo mkdir /usr/local/scribus_svn
> cd ~/src/scribus_svn
> svn co  svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/Scribus
> cd ./Scribus
> cmake  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus_svn
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Any criticism?

Hi,

Attached is a script that builds in a seperate directory from the svn
repository and runs a svn update if the repository is already checked out. The
script creates all directories necessary if they aren't already there. Note
that there is no make clean, make should be smart enough to get the
dependencies, so that should make the build shorter.

It is not really tested (in fact I have just written it for this mail) but it
should work. If it doesn't, it it should be easy to debug it.

Jan

---

#!/bin/bash

# change to wherever you like to build
PREFIX=/home/username

# cmake options
CMAKE_OPTS="-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus_svn"

#make options e.g. -j2 for dual core
# use "" for no options
MAKE_OPTS="-j2"

# change into build directory
# if it doesn't exist create it
if [ ! -d $PREFIX/scribus_svn ]
then
	mkdir $PREFIX/scribus_svn
fi
cd $PREFIX/scribus_svn

# do the svn stuff
if [ ! -d ./scribus-svn ]
then
	# we need to da a checkout
	svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/Scribus scribus-svn
else
	# just run an upgrade
	svn up scribus-svn
fi