[scribus] svn script

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 17:51:33 CET 2010

On 01/13/2010 10:14 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 January 2010 15:25:09 John Culleton wrote:
>
>> I am trying to create the latest 1.5.0
>> Can someone spot an error in my script?
>>
>> mkdir ~/src/
>> mkdir ~/src/scribus5_svn
>> sudo mkdir /usr/local/scribus5_svn
>> cd ~/src/scribus5_svn
>> pwd
>> svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/
>> ls -l
>> cd ./trunk/Scribus
>> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus5_svn
>> make
>> make install
>> cp /usr/local/scribus5_svn/bin/scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib5
>> All replies appreciated.
>>
> Following advice from Greg (?) I downloaded a new version of 1.5.0 and it
> compiled creating version:
> Scribus Version 1.5.0.svn
> Build ID: C-C-T-F-C1.8.6
> Using Ghostscript version 8.70
>

> The gotcha is that the Export to X/1a format still doesn't work. The save
> button is blanked out when that format is selected.  According to the online
> notes that feature is complete.  X/1a is why I am fooling with 1.5.0 in the
> first place.
>
> All advice welcome.

1.5.0svn is going through some big changes at present, with addition of
new capabilities and some changes in infrastructure, so you have to
scale back expectations that it will work well or at all for a bit.

One thing I was wondering about your script is why you have this 'cp
..........' command at the end. To me, it would make more sense to
create a symbolic link in /usr/local/bin. That way you only need one
copy of the binary, and if you do this once, it doesn't need to be
repeated with each new build.

eg:
ln -s /usr/local/scribus5_svn/bin/scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib5

Note that you will have to remove the /usr/local/bin/scrib5 file first
to be able to create the symbolic link.

Greg