[scribus] Long Document Preparation Workflows

avox avox at arcor.de
Sun Jan 10 14:36:45 CET 2010

Henrik Larsen-2 wrote:

> I agree to the last part in particular: The lack of long document support
> is causing me to worry about using Scribus for editing and layout
> projects! Is there anything on the horizon, or should those with such
> needs seek other pastures? I tried OO Writer, but though it works, the
> memory pressure seems to be too much, and it starts behaving rather
> erratically with much graphic and pagecount in it. Scribus was to be my
> rescue, it seems now I might have been too hopeful?

I currently have some changes in the works that might improve text
performance. If so, the need for splitting docs will reduce, but Scribus
still uses a lot of memory for images and text (Scribus will still need
approx 20 B of layout information for every text character, currently it's
more like 300 B per character).

/Andreas