[scribus] Long Document Preparation Workflows

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 16:12:01 CET 2010

On 01/09/2010 06:56 AM, Henrik Larsen wrote:
> I agree to the last part in particular: The lack of long document support is causing me to worry about using Scribus for editing and layout projects! Is there anything on the horizon, or should those with such needs seek other pastures? I tried OO Writer, but though it works, the memory pressure seems to be too much, and it starts behaving rather erratically with much graphic and pagecount in it. Scribus was to be my rescue, it seems now I might have been too hopeful?

For now and the foreseeable future, the recommended method is to break
your work into 20-30 page fragments, export these to PDF, then splice
them together with something like pdftk -- other utilities are also
available.

This is how Christoph and I (disclaimer: Christoph did the layout work)
managed to make the PDF for our Scribus manual (400+ pages), so quite
large projects are possible.

Greg