[scribus] Testers needed: New import filters

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jan 6 12:08:56 CET 2010

hi lukasz,
hi team,

> > As of yesterday, three new import filters have been added to
> > Scribus 1.5.svn, the experimental branch. The newly supported file
> > formats are: [...]
> > 2) InDesign IDML. IDML is the XML-based document exchange format
> > introduced with InDesign CS 4. Those who happen to have a valid
> > InDesign CS4 license are encouraged to export their ID CS4 docs to
> > IDML and send them to the development team, so that the filter can
> > be tested. [...]
> > Those who love to test bleeding edge code are invited to check out
> > 1.5svn and to compile it themselves. In addition, I also hope that
> > we will be able to provide packages for testing on OS X and Windows
> > soon.
>
> Any hints out there how to build it on Windows? (MSVC) We have
> InDesign here so maybe a few test cases could be produced...

there is a BUILDING_win32.txt file distributed with the source code... you may find some information in there...
if something does not work don't hesitate to ask in here or on #scribus at irc.freenode.net

on the the other side, it would be nice to have a first experimental .exe and .dmg for 1.5svn on sourceforge to allow more people to test the importing of XTG and IDML (compiling is much harder on windows and on os x... and most users won't have quark or ID for linux...)

ciao
a.l.e