[scribus] Combining a landscape page with a portrait document

Paul Fine pfine at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 22:06:24 CET 2010

Hi,

I have been using Scribus to publish my Temple newsletter for about 2
years.  I have always used a separate calendar program to generate the
monthly event calendar, but I am trying to change that.  I now have the
Temple calendar in Google Calendar and have successfully exported the data
into an ical (ics) file.  I hacked the Calendar Wizard script to import the
ical data and generate a decent looking monthly event calendar.

My problem is that I need to generate the calendar page as landscape, while
the rest of my newsletter is portrait.  Is there a way to integrate the
two?

The only way that I can think is to export the calendar to a pdf (or
similar), rotate it in Gimp, and then bring calendar into the newsletter as
an image.