[scribus] No page appears - need help urgently!

H. Story hs424 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 4 23:10:49 CET 2010

Hi

I'm completely new to Scribus and I can't work out why I can't see the page
I'm working on at all. If I create, for instance, an A4 page the dark grey
background is replaced by a lighter grey one and rulers appear but no white
page. I can create text boxes but when I add text to them it appears in
print preview but not on my screen. I think there must be something very
simple and painfully obvious that I'm doing wrong but I just can't work out
what! At the bottom of my screen there's a drop down menu and the only
option is 'background'...should there be another option there?

Please help!

Alexa.