[scribus] Cannot build Scribus from SVN Trunk (2009-01-02)

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Jan 2 20:39:38 CET 2010

> Hello Everyone
> I have been having problems compiling Scribus from SVN Trunk.  Here is
> the
> complete output of "cmake" and "make":
Modules/Scribus/Scribus/scribus/plugins/picbrowser/picturebrowser.h:18,
>                  from /home/steve/CVS/Assorted-CVS-
> Modules/Scribus/Scribus/scribus/plugins/picbrowser/loadimage.cpp:22:
> /home/steve/CVS/Assorted-CVS-
> Modules/Scribus/Scribus/scribus/ui/insertaframe.h:20:29: error:
> ui_insertaframe.h: No such file or directory
>

> Linking CXX executable scribus
> [ 90%] Built target scribus
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Feel free to ask me for any information that you may need.
> Ooops, almost forgot: this is from a fresh copy of Scribus from SVN
> Trunk,
> and therefore a fresh build directory as well.

Always get this error when linking at 90% with a fresh build.

I just restart the cmake command, it "corrects" itself, redoes the 90%
bit and finishes happily.

Some will say it is because I am using Ubuntu, however I believe there
is a bootstrapping effect going on and it is to do with picbrowser.

Mine is not to reason why
Mine is to build and then to try

And it really is a slick program, roll on 2010 and 1.6

Owen

--

Owen