[scribus] Scribus and Greek Polytonic Text

Bob Allison rallison at bates.edu
Sat Jan 2 19:55:14 CET 2010

I am attempting to use Scribus (on Mac OS 10.6.2) to present texts
composed in MS Word in polytonic Greek. While the editing screen shows
the Greek glyphs in correct relationship to accents and breathings, the
text appears incorrectly in the text frame, with letters overwriting the
diacriticals.  When I export to generate a PDF, the same errors
persist.  What is the solution?

Related question: does the PDF generated by Scribus embed the fonts?
When I view these documents on a different computer, the font appears to
be a generic Greek font, not the one in which the document was written.

Bob Allison