[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 23, Issue 51

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 16:02:54 CET 2010

On 02/28/2010 06:25 AM, Christoph Bloch wrote:

>> For reasons best known to others, the word Custom does not appear in
>> my drop down box when accessing "Type of Line" via the edit styles
>> (line) menu item
> Yes, that's exactly my problem. There's a special line type that's not
> predefined, so I have to create it myself using the custom line type. I
> use it a lot, so I'd like to define it as a style.
> Maybe there's a way to define a style from an existing line?

Yes, I was noticing this myself as I was working on documentation for
Lines and Line Styles.
Also, there is only one Custom style when can exist at any one time.

There is quite an array of predefined styles, maybe even too many. It
might make more sense to have fewer of these, then allow for a number of
customized styles, maybe even starting with one of the predefined,
editing it, then saving as a custom style with a name.

Meanwhile, I'll have a look at how this is coded in the SLA files. Maybe
there is some trick that could be used.

Greg