[scribus] right left justification not working

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Feb 27 20:28:13 CET 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010 13:43:34 Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 13:14 -0500, John Culleton wrote:
> > I agree with Shakespeare about lawyers.
>
> You do, of course, realize that Dick's reason for saying what he did was
> to clear away the lawyers as as obstacle to their plan to install Jack
> Cade as a dictator?
>
> In other words, the actual point being made is that killing the lawyers
> would be a bad thing; they stand between the common man and a
> dictatorship.

As I recall it was Sir John Falstaff who wanted to off the lawyers. But perhaps
my memory is faulty.

I am experimenting with Inkscape for book covers instead of Scribus. The big
hangup with Inkscape is the formatting of large blocks of text, as in back
cover blurbs and the like. It can be done but it is clumsy.  Inkscape does
have however a book cover layout feature for perfect books, much like the
cover dimension calculator I devised for Scribus, except you don't have to
transfer the numbers to Scribus. In Inkscape the dimensions, guides etc are
used to generate a new document instance.

But Inkscape doesn't have a pdf x/1-a:2001 output option, so Scribus is still
my favorite.
See:
http://wexfordpress.net/template.html
for my dimension calculator.