[scribus] Import CMYK colours correcting from SVG/EPS

Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean teodomas at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 19:35:40 CET 2010

Hi, I do an experiment, incredients Scribus 1.3.5, Ubuntu 8.10, color spaces RGB -Adobe 1998; CMYK -Fogra27L cmyk coated press. A Illustrator 10, color space CMYK -US webcoated (SWOP) v2 Photoshop cs2, color space RGB Adobe 1998, CMYK -US webcoated (SWOP) v2 so1) I draw one shape with this colors C:20% M:40% Y:60% K:0% in Adobe Illustrator, save it in this formats, ai (version 7, an eps based);  ai (version 10, pdf compatible);  eps;  pdf2) In Scribus 'import/get vector' the eps, and the 2 ai, the pdf can't import like this, so I make a image frame and import the pdf like image; and make an other one and import the eps again, but an image format this time ( this 2 image I expect to loose the color value because Scribus give a "colorspace: unknow" message), On page this 2 image-frame have closely but not same hue.3) export the document as pdfX-34) open the pdfX-3 in photoshop in cmyk color space and verify the color value'sResultAll  imported
 vector in scribus, then exported as pdf have a corect C:20% M:40% Y:60% K:0% color valueThe 2 image - frame have closely (how closely, I think, is a subjective appreciation) hue on screen but diff color value ( c:12%  m:44%  y:67%  k:0%) So, my apreciation is I can use Scribus for print without to much carrie about color alteration. Inkscape isn't have the goal to make 'for print targeted' documents, have goal to make 'for web' (sorry if I'm wrong). The Sk1 project (www.sk1project.org) will be expected to be a 'print targeted', but isn't in stable/usable stage yet.(again sorry if I make mistake) Forgive me for my english, please.