[scribus] Scribus "die" opening file that contains multiple PS/EPS graphics. Bug of win32 version?

Stefano Danzi s.danzi at hawai.it
Fri Feb 19 15:09:48 CET 2010

I've found this problem on scribus version 1.3.3.13, 1.3.5.1 and
1.3.6svn under windows.

I made e file contains multiple image fame PS/EPS/PDF.
Save it... close scribus.... reopen scribus.... reopen saved file....

Scribus progress bar goes slowly until a value (sometimes 20%, others
60%, oters 90%)
and stop to increase his value. Scribus take 50% of cpu but don't do
nothing...
I try to wait 24 hours.....

It seams that scribus invoke ghostscript (V 8.70), ghostscript die and
scribus wait infinitely
for ghostscript data.

If file has some image frames contains PS/EPS/PDF graphics I need to
kill and reopen
scribus 2/3 times before be able to reopen file. If file has many image
frames with ps data
I can't reopen file anymore.

Same files reopenend on scribus 1.3.5.1 on linux works fine....

I think this is a bus in win32 porting of scribus.