[scribus] Problem with PDF file not always opening

Ian Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Fri Feb 19 08:54:52 CET 2010

SORRY!!! - I sent as HTML by mistake. This was the question.......

Hi All

I seem to have a problem with the Journal I publish.

I prepare it in Scribus 1.3.3.13svn on my Kubuntu 9.10 machine. When
finished I export as a PDF. However because of the resulting size of the
file I then transfer this to my Windows machine. Open with FoxIt PDF
Reader and select Print to PDF Creator. By selecting 72 point (as
recommended by Jluc) I get a nice viewable image AND a reduction of file
size of about 75%. This is the file I publish.

The majority of the people who get the file have no problem with it BUT
a significant number are reporting problems such as only the first page
opening, program freezes, program takes several minutes to open each
page etc etc!!

Can anyone offer a solution for this? The file works perfectly here for
me and as I said MOST of the people who get it also have no problems.

The only thing I wonder about is the PDF export version setting in
Scribus. It is currently on 1.4 - should I try 1.3 at all???

The publication in question can be found at www.federalsaints under
'Publications' and the file is February 2010 - FSJ62.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ian Whitfield.