[scribus] Problem with PDF file not always opening

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 14:42:48 CET 2010

On 02/18/2010 05:21 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Hi All

I seem to have a problem with the Journal I publish.

I prepare it in Scribus 1.3.3.13svn on my Kubuntu 9.10 machine. When
finished I export as a PDF. However because of the resulting size of
the file I then transfer this to my Windows machine. Open with FoxIt
PDF Reader and select Print to PDF Creator. By selecting 72 point (as
recommended by Jluc) I get a nice viewable image AND a reduction of
file size of about 75%. This is the file I publish.

The majority of the people who get the file have no problem with it BUT
a significant number are reporting problems such as only the first page
opening, program freezes, program takes several minutes to open each
page etc etc!!

Can anyone offer a solution for this? The file works perfectly here for
me and as I said MOST of the people who get it also have no problems.

The only thing I wonder about is the PDF export version setting in
Scribus. It is currently on 1.4 - should I try 1.3 at all???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ian Whitfield.

 >> Maybe this has something to do with the viewers that people are using...
Maybe an encoding issue.

Greg