[scribus] to whomever can help

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 18 00:54:17 CET 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 18:28:42 Craig Bradney wrote:
> On 2/18/10 12:30 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> > hi john,
> >
> >> Sequence is important. Ghostscript needs to be installed first. I
> >> would try reinstalling Scribus and see if that helps.
> >
> > are you sure about it?
>
> This is false.. all you have to do is set the ghostscript location in
> preferences after ghostscript is installed.
>
> Craig

All I know is what I read in the manual on page 8, section 1.2 "Scribus on Mac
OS X". The steps described there are:
1. Download Ghostscript 8.5 or higher from Source Forge and install.
2. Move folder "Ghostscript.Framework" to /LIbrary/Frameworks.
3. Scribus should detect Ghostscript automatically.

The _following_ paragraph describes installing Scribus on Mac OS  X.

The question about step three is, does that detection occur at Scribus install
time or at run time?  In either case installing Ghostscript first and moving it
wouldn't hurt.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"