[scribus] UI Concerns!

Jain Basil Aliyas jainbasil at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 20:14:43 CET 2010

Hi,

As the subject says, almost all the UI Dialogs accessible from the Window
menu is too tiny for me. For eg, I've a screenshot of *Choose Scrapbook
Directory  *Dialog here http://imagebin.ca/view/BkLR6fF0.html
I tried this in Ubuntu 9.10, with KDE 4.4 SC Desktop Environment. This uses
Qt 4.6 as default!

To confirm this, I booted into Mac and tried to take the same dialog, and
surprisingly, it works fine, see the screenshot here :
http://imagebin.ca/view/4fr2pOYa.html
My Mac 10.6 has Qt 4.5 installed in it.

I am using Scribus 1.5.0 built from latest svn.

So, my question is whether this is an error due to Qt 4.6 in my Gnu/Linux ?
I find it very difficult to read and understand the  text in dialog windows.
The Ok or Cancel Buttons in the first screenshot is a best example!

Any other users facing this problem?

Greetings!
Jain Basil Aliyas

--
Student, Dept. Of Computer Science & Engineering,
Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur - 9, Kerala, India.