[scribus] Kind person who can help

Victor Papp victor at vpapp.com
Mon Feb 15 09:12:22 CET 2010

Hi.

This special and impositions of almost any complexity can be made
quickly with basic postscript utilities (pstops and psselect).
I am doing this the following way.
1. Print the pages into .ps file.
2. Make a comma separated file that represents page order, like
"1,4,2,6,etc any order you want".
Usually i am using oo calc for this. Its easy to define a formula and
copy cells to auto-create the sequence.
3. Use psselect to reorder pages in ps file you made in (1) above and
the values you created in (2) above.
This gives you a reordered ps file.
4. Now impose your pages into the actual format you are printing (A4, A3
etc) with pstops
5. Either print your new ps directly or convert it to pdf using
ghostscript (ps2pdf) and print the pdf

I know it looks complicated, but it is not.
Usually it takes a few minutes to put the whole thing together.
And after you have such a script, you can re-use it any time.

Victor