[scribus] how to prevent hyphenating one word

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Feb 12 14:52:59 CET 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010 07:20:08 Cezary Grabski wrote:
> It is not word specific feature. I mean words placed in places where for
> some reasons they should not be hyphenated and it is hard to select them in
> text frame (eg. because part of hyphenated word is on the next page).
>
> Cezary Grabski

Here is an ugly workaround:
Force a carriage return at the end of the line.
Create a layer over the existing one.
Put a small text frame on the new layer, type the word, and fiddle with the
placement until it looks right.

TeX, which is not wysiwyg has a simpler solution:
\hbox{Massachusetts}

However this would probably force the word onto the next line.

The only place I can see where one would find it necessary to suppress
automated hyphenation would be at the end of a page.

--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"