[scribus] using Gimp to resize photographs is very poor design

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:43:35 CET 2010

You can and should resize images in Scribus. i.e. Scribus does provide
that feature. Shrinking it in the GIMP will make it look terrible[1],
so don' t do that.

Try shrinking the image bounding box to the desired size and then
choosing "fit image to frame" or whatever the option is called.

[1] This is about desired dpi and actual number of pixels.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:33 AM, tshap <ted at shapin.org> wrote:

> When laying out objects on a page, including space for a photograph,
> I find that not being able to resize a graphic IN SCRIBUS is a major flaw.
> When I am sent to GIMP, I have no knowledge of how much to shrink the
> graphic to make it fit nor how it will look when I get it into Scribus!
>
> T Shapin
> --

JDS