[scribus] Page size increases in PDF

Ole Madsen philimorept at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 20:34:43 CET 2010

--- On Fri, 2/5/10, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> From: a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Page size increases in PDF
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> hi tom,
>
> > When I export to PDF from 1.3.6.svn on Windows Vista,
> my page size,
> > in Scribus at 8.5 x 11 inches, jumps to 9.26 X 11.76
> as a PDF. I
> > can't find a setting that may be causing this. Any
> help? Thank you.
>
> hard to say (part two)...
>
> how do see that the page size has changed?
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

I had the same issue with 1.3.5.1.  As far as I can tell, it has to do with the bleed settings.  The default setting is not 0 as one might expect.

In the Export -> Save as PDF -> Pre-Press -> Bleed settings, change to the settings to '0'.

How do I know what the .pdf size is?

Open the pdf file with Adobe reader, and when the file is on the screen, move the cursor to the lower left hand corner, and the size will be displayed.

/Ole