[scribus] Re : (Scribus) Insertion of a gif from a browser

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Dec 30 22:58:24 CET 2010

hi

> Want to put a gif image in an image frame for a leaflet layout. The
> gif is on a website so I can view it in a browser (Opera) but how do
> I get it from browser screen to insertable in an image frame ? Tried
> a screen grab using GIMP and then using the GIMP select tool to get
> it from the white background it is on. But I found that the image
> frame allows 'cut' and 'copy' but not paste.
>
> Otherwise very impressed with what I have seen (used to be a print
> broker back in the 1990's - still organise some printing for
> occasional customers). I like the Getting Started Tutorial

in your internet browser right click on the image and save it to your hard disk.

in scribus, create an image frame, right click on it, and load the image into it...

just one warning: it's not a good idea to take a logo from a web site and put it in a pdf for print: its resolution won't be enough!
(you'd better get the original from the graphic designer or the company)

hth
a.l.e