[scribus] Bleed & crop marks

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Dec 30 14:17:57 CET 2010

On Thursday 30 December 2010 05:53:04 Peter Nermander wrote:
> > What a lot of bigoted rubbish! - the only thing special about
> > English is that it is the most widely spoken language in the
> > World.  Esperanto was
>
> Well, maybe most widely if you look geographically, but otherwise I
> think Chinese is the language spoken byt most people.
>
> /Peter

English, for better or for worse, has become the common language on
the Internet. If members converse in some other tongue those of us who
are monoglot English speakers get left out of the conversation. (My
French of half a century ago is mostly forgotten and nobody speaks
Latin any more.) But most posts are question and answer in nature. If
the poster gets a competent answer back in a language they understand
then the mission is accomplished in part. The rest of us don't get the
benefit of listening in or of contributing to the thread however.

Chinese has Mandarin and Cantonese, but I assume the written language
is common to both, like sign language was common to the various
American Indian tribes.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: