[scribus] Font problem with PDF treated by the printer

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Tue Dec 28 23:45:53 CET 2010

Þann þri 28.des 2010 21:53, skrifaði Owen:

Embedding is when font files are incorporated (embedded) in the PDF,
many PDF-readers can thus use the fonts for displaying. This is
theoretically the best way to go - but there may be quirks concerning
font rendering on the recipients system.

Outlining means that you convert the letters/glyphs in your document to
individual vector objects, making them immune to font issues - but often
making the files quite big.

Either one or both procedures are common practice before sending files
to print-services to avoid discrepencies in final output.

See the section on PDF support:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scribus>

Best regards:

Sveinn í Felli