[scribus] Problems With Text Box

J K kramer.newsreader at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 16:53:14 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I am having trouble, I looked
through the documentation, and I can't find an answer.

BTW, I am using Scribus 1.3.3.14 on Windows XP.

There are two problems.

First, I cannot change the text color.  I right click on 'properties' and
click the 'text' tab.  There are two color options, one with a paint bucket
next to it nd one with a pen which is writing next to it.  I assume that the
pen writing is what will change the text color, correct?  But it is grayed
out and I cannot change it.

The second problem is that most of the fonts work, but the font that I had
chosen (Mangal Regular) will not render.  It just shows up as red blocks.
 This font works just fine in other applications.  Not sure why it wouldn't
work in Scribus.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help provided.

Cheers,

John