[scribus] Scribus Wiki: Scribus Success Stories for 2010?

Steve Herrick estebandido at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 17:18:11 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Am 21.12.2010 18:51, schrieb Steve Herrick:
>> I've been using Scribus in a somewhat unusual way: I make newsletters
>> that are printed as posters. We have a network of worker co-ops in my
>> town, and people don't have to do a lot of reading. So I put out the
>> news this way, so they can read the poster on the wall when they're on
>> break. The posters are 13x19 inches.
>
> Hi Steve, it sounds interesting, could you add a few more details,
> perhaps on your workflow, or on the co-ops and the town you've
> mentioned? Do you have a link at hand?

Sure. I live in Madison, Wisconsin, which has a relatively high
concentration of worker co-ops. Our network (or business association)
is called Madison Worker Cooperatives, which is usually shortened to
MadWorC. The website is madworc.org.

The workflow is pretty simple: people in the organization write the
articles, and I lay them out in Scribus (with a little help from
OpenOffice.org, Inkscape, and the GIMP). We've settled into a pattern
of one co-op feature per edition, with one or two other articles as
well. The newsposters are published every other month, by one of the
local worker co-ops. They are available at
http://madworc.org/newsposter.

--
Steve Herrick

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just
enough money not to quit.
- George Carlin