[scribus] 1.3.9 Crash

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 20:00:06 CET 2010

Scribus 1.3.9 on Fedora 14, x86_64 / Gnome.

I had a test document open that I had no need to save to disk. I was
using it while writing to a new Scribus user because I needed to make
sure the features worked the way I said they would. Eventually I closed
the test document without saving, then opened a new document.

I set the new document to ten pages, double-sided, automatic text
boxes. When I clicked on OK, Scribus crashed with signal 11.

I relaunched Scribus and opened a new document the same as the one that
crashed Scribus, and it worked fine. In other words, I cannot reproduce
the bug. However, Fedora's Automatic Bug Reporting Tool (ABRT) popped
up and allowed me to save the backtrace to a file.

I would report the bug at bugs.scribus.net, but since I cannot
reproduce the problem it would probably be of little value. I do have
the ABRT log, however, if that would be of any value.