[scribus] X and Y coordinates in a two-pages document

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 19:20:13 CET 2010

2010/12/22 John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:27:18 +0100
> Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> >I'm a bit puzzled by the way XY coordinates has been set: on my two
> >facing-pages:
> > - the X=0 is on the left border of the right page.Thus, if I want to
> > put a
> >photo in exactly the same place on the left and the adjacent right
> >page, I have to make calculations to take the bleed in the count.
> > - as for the Y=0, I don't understand how it has been defined ... it
> > seems
> >to be right in the middle of the document.
> >
> >Is there a way to reset the 0 so it is in the same place for each page?
>
> When you select the frame, look at the properties palette. Beneath the
> boxes where you type in the coordinates and dimensions of the frame
> there is a small square with circles on the corners and in the center.
> If you click on the upper left circle the coordinates that you type in
> above will apply to the upper left corner of the frame, and so on.
>
> From your description of the problem you may have different circles
> selected for different frames, leading to the confusion.

Thank you for your answer.
I'm aware I don't choose the same system for all my frames, but I think I
understand how that works.

However:
 - the up rule shows the 0 at the inner side of the right page, even if I'm
currently on a left page,
 - the left rule has its 0 somewhere in the middle of the document (84
pages), whichever page I'm working on
 - for any frame of the document, X and Y coordinates seem to be in
accordance with these rules; the Y-Pos value can go from -5000 pt to +5000
pt and more, values that cannot mean anything for me, especially when I
think of these values inside the current page.

There might be some setting I have overlooked somewhere ...
Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>