[scribus] Scribus Wiki: Scribus Success Stories for 2010?

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Tue Dec 21 16:40:25 CET 2010

On 21 Dec 2010 at 0:38, Maciej Hanski wrote:

> Hi list,
> I would like to ask those of you who have successfully utilized
> Scribus in your DTP projects this year to  add a few words about
> hers/his experience with Scribus to the "Success Stories" in our
> Scribus
> Wiki:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Success_stories
>
> If you don't feel like learning the wiki stuff, just send your
> success
> story to this list, and I or somebody else will do the rest.
> Such true to life reports are the easiest way to encourage other
> users
> to use Scribus,to show how useful this piece of software is, and to
> pay
> some respect to Scribus folks for their good work.

I am the editor of the quarterly newsletter for Clan Mackintosh of North America
with over 500 members in the United States, Canada and Scotland.
I have used several desk top publishers over the years and had been using Pagemaker
for the past few years. When I bought a new PC, Pagemaker would not run on it,
Windows 7 x64, so I started looking for another DTP. I came across Scribus and
have produced the past three issues with it. I had the usual newbee problems but
thanks to this great mailing list deadlines were met and people like the results.
I produce two versions, a printed one in greyscale, due to the clan budget, and a web
version in color. It has been a pretty painless transition and I recommend Scribus to
others.

George McIntosh