[scribus] downloading stable version of Scribus for Mac

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Sun Dec 19 01:31:12 CET 2010

** Alison Saylor <alison.saylor at gmail.com> [2010-12-18 23:58]:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Paul Tansom <paul at aptanet.com> wrote:
> > ** Alison Saylor <alison.saylor at gmail.com> [2010-12-18 23:30]:
> >> Would love a response to my last email or this one.  Can not find a
> >> link to download any version of Scribus for Mac other than 1.3.9
> >> Would like to keep using Scribus and not have to switch over to
> >> another DTP program.  Can not use 1.3.9, has made my system crash all
> >> of the three times I tried to open it after downloading it but I have
> >> been successfully using prior versions of Scribus with this same
> >> machine.  Thank you!
> > ** end quote [Alison Saylor]
> >
> > Try on Sourceforge here:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/OldFiles/
> >
> > I've not tried Scribus on the Mac yet, but am in the process of downloading
> > 1.3.8 to see how it goes on my Tiger install.
> >
> Thank you thank you thank you!
** end quote [Alison Saylor]

Don't thank me yet, I've just finished downloading, installed and found it
doesn't work. After a bit of experimentation with Google search terms I've
found that the .dmg files don't work with 10.4.x :( [1] Just reading up on a
possible fix, but will probably have to leave trying it out until later. [2]

[1] http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9407
[2] http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/442