[scribus] Ctrl X twice kills Scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 23:57:33 CET 2010

On 12/17/2010 05:53 PM, Peter Linnell wrote:
> On 12/17/2010 10:34 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> On 12/17/2010 03:10 PM, Tom Connolly wrote:
>>> While I am in the edit text mode, if I use Ctrl X to delete some copy,
>>> then do it again to delete more copy, the program shuts down immediately
>>> without a prompt to save and without saving what's being edited. This
>>> happened to me twice before I knew what hit me. I am able to reproduce
>>> this.
>>> Windows Vista, plenty ram. 1.3.9.
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> I verified on XP, filed bug report:
>>
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9592
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Hi,
>
> Quick update. We're chasing this down, but I cannot replicated it on linux.

The bug did involve Linux, but in a slightly different way, as noted by
Teodor.

At any rate, Jean has fixed it. I can verify in Linux, but not Windows.

If you are compiling from svn it is available now. If you use Windows,
you'll have to wait for a 1.4.0svn snapshot to be available. In the
meantime, be wary of using Ctrl+X to delete all of the contents of a
text frame.

Greg