[scribus] Organizing the workspace display OR possible intuitive self help while not annoying those who know more

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Dec 18 18:18:29 CET 2010

hi joe,

>> just one last thought from my side: why should anybody switch to
>> scribus, if it behaves just like all the other programs do?
>> this is not a rhetoric question, this is what the people ask me when i
>> show them scribus. (well, they add also: and does not work as well as
>> the other programs do).
>
> It's free.  The other programs cost hundreds of dollars per copy, and
> if you have a large company, that's thousands, if not tens of
> thousands of dollars.

this has already been discussed in this list:

the other programs are also free -- at least for the ones who don't want
to pay -- or their cost is negligible -- for the ones who can afford to pay.

there are exceptions to this... but, in my experience, this is the rule.

and, do you really want to spread scribus just with the argument "it
costs nothing"?
freedom may be a better argument in my eyes...

ciao
a.l.e