[scribus] downloading stable version of Scribus for Mac

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Sat Dec 18 02:50:16 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Alison Saylor <alison.saylor at gmail.com>wrote:

> Would love a response to my last email or this one.  Can not find a
> link to download any version of Scribus for Mac other than 1.3.9
> Would like to keep using Scribus and not have to switch over to
> another DTP program.  Can not use 1.3.9, has made my system crash all
> of the three times I tried to open it after downloading it but I have
> been successfully using prior versions of Scribus with this same
> machine.  Thank you!

I'm not the one to answer your question, but I do have a couple of
suggestions.

Given I've not noted anyone else complaining about a similar situation, I
would suggest:

1.  Delete the entire version on your Mac.
2.  Download the same version again and re-install.

It could be possible that you have a corrupted download that caused some
faulty code with the instance you downloaded before.  If this doesn't fix
the problem, say so and I suspect someone with respond who is more familiar
with the Mac version.  BTW, 1.3.9 seems to run well for everyone that I've
heard talk about it, as well as for me.

John  KJ4UFG
Walkertown, NC  USA