[scribus] Organizing the workspace display OR possible intuitive self help while not annoying those who know more

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Dec 17 17:25:28 CET 2010

> just one last thought from my side: why should anybody switch to
> scribus, if it behaves just like all the other programs do?

The UI behaviour and the things you can do with it are totally different.

Both MS Word and MS Excel behave the same way with regards to menus,
tooltips, help functions etc, so, why would anyone use Excel instead
of Word?

If we stretch your statement to the extreme, why do we select using
left click in Scribus? Why are we using ctrl-c/x/v for copy/cut/paste?
Aren't there better ways?

Let me rephrase your question: HOW could anybody switch to Scribus if
it behaves completely different from other programs?

/Peter