[scribus] Bookland barcode problem

mrdocs mrdocs at scribus.info
Fri Dec 17 14:27:08 CET 2010

On Friday 17 December 2010 07:45:25 Tom wrote:
> Part of my problem has been solved. I neglected to select CMYK output when
> having the barcode created. The Distiller error now goes away but there is
> another problem. Although the barcode looks good on the screen in Scribus,
> it is shrunk and shifted within the image frame in the resulting PDF when
> creating the PDF by printing to Adobe. When I create the PDF by exporting to
> a PDF, the output PDF looks good but a major printer that I use won't
> accept PDFs in the standards available from Scribus at this time. What
> could be causing the barcode to be shrunken and moved?
>
> Tom Benjey
> 717-258-9733 voice
> 717-243-0074 fax
> Twitter: @TomBenjey

Hi,

With regard to the printer you are using, can you provide a link or some
document which gives their requirements. We have designed Scribus to be
completely compatible with modern print work flows.

Second, you might be better to import the barcode directly as EPS, which then
become native vector objects.

In any case, please feel free to join us on IRC or mail me directly with your
files for testing.

HTH,
Peter